Sunday, February 8, 2015

Top 15 Books I Want to Read in 2015

I have an absolutely outrageous amount of unread books in my possession. I would love to read ALL of them this year, but combined with new releases, it would be impossible. These are just my priorities at the moment (in no particular order). This list will contain some series, so it's not exactly 15 individual books. You'll just have to...
1. The Bloodlines series by Richelle Mead
I read all of the Vampire Academy books back in high school and loved them. I own the first four books of Bloodlines, and the sixth and final book is being published this year. Time for a marathon.

2. The Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas
I love fantasy, so of course I want to read one of the most-hyped young adult fantasy series. I believe this is going to be a six-book series, and I own the first two books; they'll probably make it onto my March TBR.

3. Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
Finally! A single book! I love Stephanie Perkins' other books, and I've heard wonderful things about Isla.

4. The Host by Stephenie Meyer
This has just been sitting around for forever. I need to read it!

5. The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
Another super-hyped series. Fairy tale retellings are some of my favorite books to read, and I've heard nothing but good things about this series. I own the first two, and the fourth and final book is being released at the end of the year. 

6. The Darkest Minds trilogy by Alexandra Bracken
I own the first two. It kinda sounds like X-Men, so I'm intrigued. Also, the reviews have been pretty great.

7. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
This is a book that has made many "Favorites" lists. My boyfriend recommended it to me as well, which is saying something because he never reads.

8. We Were Liars by E. Lockheart
I know absolutely nothing about this book. And that's why I want to read it. Everyone is so secretive about it, and I'm really interested!

9. Attachments by Rainbow Rowell
I enjoyed Fangirl and Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell, so I want to read the rest of her books.

10. The Mistborn trilogy by Brandon Sanderson
Like I said earlier, I love fantasy. And Sanderson is supposed to be the king. So, I obviously need to read this series. Just look at those beautiful UK edition covers...

11. The Crimson Crown by Cinda Williams Chima
I'm a long-time fan of Chima's. Her Seven Realms series is one of my favorite book series of all time. This is the fourth and final book. I don't want it to end, though!

12. The Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan
I recently finished all the Percy Jackson books, despite having started that series back in middle school. I love Greek mythology and how Riordan weaves it into his stories. I can't wait to get to this series.

13. Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
I read Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Matson when it was first released and loved it. There's been a lot of positive talk about this book, and it seems like a great read for the summer.

14. The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
Besides fantasy, sci-fi is my favorite genre. And this book has aliens. It's being turned into a movie, which is pretty cool, too.

15. A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab
I read Schwab's Vicious last month and it blew my mind; I want to read all of her books.This one has time travel and magic and it sounds crazy good.

No comments:

Post a Comment