Sunday, February 8, 2015

Book Review: Maybe Someday

Author: Colleen Hoover
Genre: New Adult
Published: 2014, Simon & Schuster
Rating: 4.5/5 Stars

Sydney is a 22-year-old working college student. She is an independent girl; she loves her boyfriend, Hunter, and lives with her best friend, Tori. Sydney is fairly content with her life until she discovers that Hunter has been cheating on her with Tori. Distraught, Sydney immediately moves out, looking to her guitar-playing neighbor, Ridge, for help. Ridge and Sydney's lives become increasingly complicated as their relationship grows.

I didn't want to go into too much detail with my summary because this book if full of surprises. I hate being spoiled, so I want everyone who reads this to experience every twist for themselves.

This book went by so quickly for me. I found myself reading continuously for what felt like ten minutes, only to discover that it had actually been two hours. That's a quality that I really love in a book.

What I enjoyed most about this book is that it felt so real. I loved the characters and all their quirks. The feeling of realness was a bit of an issue (not really) at times, though, because I cried several times - mostly toward the end.
I only had one problem with Maybe Someday that kept me from giving it five stars: the cheating aspect. I won't go into specifics, but the topic of cheating is involved throughout the entire book. This is just a personal preference, and the overall quality of the story pretty much made up for my discomfort about it.

But, alas, I do love love, and I loved the love in Maybe Someday. I believed every last word of it. I would recommend this book to fans of romance, contemporary, or new adult. This is the first of Colleen Hoover's books that I've read, but I'm definitely going to read more by her!

No comments:

Post a Comment