Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: Best Books I've Read So Far in 2017

Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish. I thought this would be an easy list to come up with, but I struggled more than I expected. I guess I haven't read too many amazing books yet this year, but I hope to read many more in the second half of 2017! This list is in no particular order with the exception of number 1. Strangely enough, I read most of these books at the beginning of the year.

1. The Names They Gave Us by Emery Lord
I really, really loved this book. This is my top book of the year so far.

2. Like a River Glorious by Rae Carson
This is the sequel to Walk on Earth a Stranger. Definitely one of my favorite series at the moment. I feel like I've been waiting forever for the third book!

3. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
I mean, obviously.
4. Gemina by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff
Also an obvious one. For me, at least. I didn't like it quite as much as Illuminae, but I still loved it.
5. A Million Worlds With You by Claudia Gray
Another one of my favorite trilogies. A great series with great covers! This was a wonderful concluding novel.
6. Gathering Darkness by Morgan Rhodes
This is the third book in the Falling Kingdoms series. I'm pretty sure this one is my favorite of the five that are currently out. Unfortunately, my memory is fuzzy about what happened in this book. I read them so quickly that the events kind of blur together in my mind.
7. A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro
This book was just a delight from start to finish.
8. This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab
Victoria Schwab writes dark books with morally gray, realistic characters, which is exactly why I loved this book.
9. Sleeping Giants by Sylvain Neuvel
I've never read a book quite like this one. I think it would make a fantastic movie.
10. Front Lines by Michael Grant
This is the last book I finished. It was just cool.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you've read some spectacular books so far this year!!

    Here's a link to my TTT post for this week:

    http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2017/06/top-ten-tuesday-best-books-ive-read-in.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read... None of the books on your list. Most of them are on my TBR though; yikes!
    -Amy @ burstingwithbooks.com

    ReplyDelete