Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Top Five Wednesday: Worst Love Interests

Top Five Wednesday was created by Ginger Reads Lainey. If you are interested in participating, here is the Goodreads page. I thought this was a hilarious topic, so here are the five love interests that I think are just the worst!

1. Aspen from the Selection series by Kiera Cass
He was so boring. And annoying. And why was he even a thing? Why was he ever a contender? Just to create a convenient love triangle? I was team Maxon just by default. I read all three of these books, saw that more were being published, and then gave my books away. No thanks.
2. Char from This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales
Disclaimer, I didn't like this book a whole lot in the first place, but I really didn't like Char. I could not understand the initial attraction that Elise had to him or why she continued to pine after him. He was a jerk.
3. Adam from the Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi
I feel like Adam might be on a lot of lists this week. My feelings about Adam are similar to my feelings about Aspen, but they involve a lot more anger. If you've read the series, you know about the horrible things that Adam does and says to Juliette. I kind of wanted him to die just a little bit.
4. Neal from Landline by Rainbow Rowell
Another book I wasn't a fan of. Is Neal a love interest if he's married to the main character? I dunno. But he was the worst. I wanted to yell at Georgie to stop trying so hard for this guy. He was an arrogant, stubborn, rude, boring bag of pudding. Go away, Neal.
5. Marlena from Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
I've written about Marlena a bit in my review for this book, but wow does she bother me. She was absolutely nothing special, and Jacob was head over heels for her. And she got him into a lot of trouble. Nah, not worth it.




2 comments:

  1. omg saw there were more books coming out and gave yours away instead THIS IS one of many reasons I love you. Boring bags of pudding! Hahahahahh you slay me.

    ReplyDelete