Friday, February 6, 2015

Reader Problems Tag

I saw this tag on YouTube and thought it looked fun. The original tag is by About to Read. Let's get into it!
1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?
Uuuhhhh. Close my eyes and pick one? Or maybe I'd go for the one I've heard the most about... this is difficult. If I have no real TBR plans, then I'd probably pick up a book that has been unread for a long time. Or one with a pretty cover. I don't have a real answer.

2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?
I really hate quitting books. I've only done it a few times ever. Honestly, I can't remember the last time I quit a book. If I'm already halfway through, might as well finish it. Plus, I like to hold out hope that the second half will be better. It does happen!

3. The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?
Yes I try to catch up! It's called 'frantically reading graphic novels.' I won't be upset if I don't make my goal, but you can bet your bottom dollar I'll be trying til midnight on New Year's Eve.
4. The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?
I don't cope. I RAGE. Wow I hate this. And if they're mismatched in format, like some are paperback and some hardcover, I just... *shudders* Fortunately, I'm strategic about acquiring books. I look ahead for cover changes. If I want to get a series that is undergoing a cover change, I wait until the whole series matches again. If I already own something that's not matching (which I currently do not), I'll try to find it at a used book store or something first or wait for an Amazon sale.

5. Everyone and their mother loves a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?
Hmmm. This is a tough one. At this point in my life I don't really bond with anyone about any books. Sad face. I'd probably just sit there in my confusion wondering why so many people like that book.

6. You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
I try really hard to stifle it. I'm pretty pro, since a lot of stuff makes me want to cry.
7. A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you've forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you reread the book?
Depends on how long ago I read the prior book, but the likely answer here is no, 'cause ain't nobody got time for that. Usually I like to look up someone's review or try to find a summary online.

8. You do not want anyone, ANYONE borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?
The only people who ask to borrow my books are my close friends, and I generally let them unless it's some sacred copy of something. I do make a point to tell them to be careful with them, though. Other than that I'd just straight up turn someone down if I didn't trust them.

9. Reading ADD. You've picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?
I try to find a book that has really good ratings and reviews. Otherwise, I just wait it out with Netflix.

10. There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
Maybe one or two. Unless it's my birthday or something... then all of the books.

11. After you've bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?
Well, The Raven Boys was hanging around for about three years. Yeah. In my defense, I bought it because I love Maggie Stiefvater and my local bookstore had an autographed copy. I really knew nothing about the actual story. Realistically, they'll end up sitting on my shelves for at least a few months, unless it's a sequel to a book I just finished and loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment