Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I've Recently Added to My TBR

It was difficult to narrow this list down to ten, but I did it. These are all books that are already published; I plan on doing a post about my most anticipated releases for 2016 pretty soon. Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish


1. Illuminae by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff
This has been getting so many great reviews lately. It's a sci-fi story told through unconventional formats such as emails, interviews, and other documents, which sounds like it will be interesting to read. Plus, I already love Amie Kaufman's other books, so I'll hopefully enjoy this one as well.



2. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
This novel is set in the same world as the Grisha trilogy, but it follows different characters. The only thing I know is that it's a heist story, which is all I really need to know, honestly.
3. Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes
I'm counting this as one book, but I really want to read the entire series. I'm tired of not being a part of this fandom!

4. Reawakened by Colleen Houck
This cover. Wow. It's incredible in person. Possibly one of my new favorite book covers of all time. Aside from its beauty, it does sound like an interesting story: a girl discovers that a mummified Egyptian prince with magical powers has been reawakened.




5. Lost Stars by Claudia Gray
This is a Star Wars expanded universe book set before the events of The Force Awakens. I've read a lot of Claudia Gray's other books, so I have high hopes for this one. This will be the first Star Wars EU book I ever read!




6. A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
Not sure why I haven't read this yet. It's a loose Beauty and the Beast retelling, which I'm a sucker for. I'll need some kind of Sarah J. Maas book to hold me over until the fifth Throne of Glass comes out. Sigh.

7. The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
This is another fantasy book that I've heard amazing things about. I love those high fantasy books, so I'm excited for this one.




8. Their Fractured Light by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner
This is the third book in the Starbound trilogy. I loved the other two, and this is probably what I'll read after RYBSAT is over.

9. Soundless by Richelle Mead
I've heard a lot of mixed things about this book. I like Richelle Mead's other books, so I want to see for myself what I think of this one. It's pretty short, so if it's terrible, I won't be spending too much time on it!

10. Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin
This was a book that I had never heard of before, but I picked it up because the synopsis sounded so cool. It's an alternate history where the Axis powers won World War II. There's a motorcycle race every year, and the winner gets to meet Hitler, but the main character intends to win so that she can kill him.

No comments:

Post a Comment