Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Top Five Wednesday: Buzzwords

This is my first Top Five Wednesday post, and it's something that I would love to do regularly. I always watch my favorite BookTubers' videos each week. Top Five Wednesday was created by Ginger Reads Lainey. If you are interested in participating, here is the Goodreads page.

So this week's topic is your favorite bookish buzzwords that make you want to pick up book.These could be words found in the synopsis of a book or words that someone might use to describe a story. Here are mine!

1. Pirates
Anything with pirates. I'm all about it. Space pirates, regular pirates, whatever.

2. Retelling
I also love retellings. These can be fairy tale retellings, classic novel retellings, or retellings of myths. They're all great.

3. Assassins
Bonus points if there are assassins and pirates.

4. Anti-hero
I really enjoy a good anti-hero story, and I try to read them when I find them because they're pretty rare.

5. Slow-burn romance
I can't stand insta-love in YA books, and it's much more common than it should be. I greatly appreciate a book or series that does a realistic, slow-burn romance. It just makes the most sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment