Friday, May 5, 2017

Top Five Wednesday: Favorite SFF Cover Art

I think most readers appreciate a nicely-done book cover, and science fiction and fantasy books tend to have some of the most appealing covers out there. I know this post is a couple days late, but I thought it would be an easy one to get me back into blogging again. Here are five of my favorite SFF covers! Top Five Wednesday is run by Sam from Thoughts on Tomes. If you are interested in participating, here is the Goodreads page with all of the topics.

1. Leviathan Wakes by James S.A. Corey
I have yet to start this series, although I plan to this summer, but every time I see this book on my shelf it catches my attention. The bright fuchsia title and the clean lettering are bold and sharp, and the background image is so deliciously science fiction-y that I can't help but love it. 

2. Ten Thousand Skies Above You by Claudia Gray
I, like pretty much everyone else, love all the covers in this trilogy, but the second book's cover is my favorite. There's just something I like about the yellow and blue contrast. This series has covers that reflect the story, too, which I appreciate; the illustrations depict places the characters visit, and the flipped images convey the idea of parallel universes. I originally bought this series because of the covers (plus I liked some of Claudia Gray's other books), but honestly it's become one of my favorite trilogies.
3. The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater
Again, this entire series has gorgeous covers, but the fourth book has my vote for best cover. I love the softness of the brush strokes, and the colors are just so pleasing to look at. It gives off a feeling of ethereal mystery, which is precisely the vibe of the book.
4. A Crown of Wishes by Roshani Chokshi
I have yet to read The Star-Touched Queen (also a gorgeous cover) or this book yet, but they are high on my TBR list. I love this cover mostly because of the colors; that deep green is one of my favorite colors ever. I also really like the shooting stars and the delicate border, as well as the fact that this book is a bit shiny.
5. Reawakened by Colleen Houck
This image does not do this book justice. It's got one of those almost velvety covers. The tiny details are more noticeable, and parts of it are shimmery. This is one of my favorite book covers of all time, but unfortunately, I didn't like the content all that much. I quit this book a few days ago after reading half of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment